When we first considered carrying Cedarwood Essential Oil at Beeyoutiful, cheers went up among the men, because its hale and hearty woodsy aroma is definitely favored by the masculine members of our team.
But then the more we Beeyoutiful women learned about and used Cedarwood, we found its benefits and subtle aromatic nuances were delightful for both genders and all ages! It’s a team favorite now.
Considered appropriate to use with children, Cedarwood Essential Oil is a fantastic support for the respiratory system and skin health, and aids in calming and quieting a restless soul.
Here are just a few of the incredible ways we’ve already learned to use Cedarwood Essential Oil.
1. Add 7 drops of Cedarwood to 1 teaspoon of Sweet Almond or Jojoba Oil and massage on the chest, neck, back of the spine and heels of the feet to support the respiratory system.
2. To soothe an overstimulated child or adult, diffuse Cedarwood for 5 minute intervals until relaxed. May also mix with complimentary oils such as Bergamot, Cypress, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Lemon, Lime, Lavender, Rose, Neroli and Rosemary.
3. Add 1 drop of Cedarwood to your facial wash to help avoid acne or other facial blemishes.
4. Clean your floors with Cedarwood!
5. Add 2-3 drops of Cedarwood to your shampoo to chase away dandruff.
7. Cedarwood helps to repel bugs and rodents; take advantage of this by dispensing a few drops onto a cotton ball and placing it in areas where pests are seen.
8. To support kidney health, add 3-4 drops of Cedarwood to Bath Salts. Mix thoroughly and then add to the bath water. Soak for 30-45 minutes.
9. Make your own “Cedar Balls” by putting several drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil on a piece of fabric. Put in a lingerie bag or organza bag and hang with clothing that needs protection from moths.
10. Cedarwood is calming and appropriate for kids!
Settle Down Massage Blend
2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
1 drop Lavender Essential Oil
2 drops Orange Essential Oil
2 ounces carrier oil
Massage on to the back, neck and feet to help bring calm to children and adults.
Get your own bottle of Cedarwood Essential Oil here, or as part of our discounted Men’s Magic and Dream Team essential oil combination packs. Cedarwood’s also an ingredient in our kid-friendly blends, Easy Peasy Breathie, Immuni-T, and Bee Focused.
Eager for more recipes and tips on Essential Oil usage? Our email series 101 Uses for Essential Oils is packed with information you can put to use right away!