Without healthy bones and muscles, the body literally cannot function and move as it should. Keep your body strong with these ten strategies for supporting healthy bones and muscles!
1) Eat your greens! Green foods like broccoli, spinach, kale, and mustard greens are great sources of Calcium.
2) Get your healthy fats. Unrefined fats from grass-fed animals, fish, and some plants (nuts, coconut, olive and avocado) contain natural forms and ratios of fat-soluble vitamins A, D and K. These vitamins, along with the Omega fatty acids supplied by these fats, are crucial for bone health and development, as well as preventing osteoporosis. (They’re also awesome for heart health!)
4) Try dry brushing. Using dry brushing during your regular daily routine can help to encourage optimal circulation and muscle tone. It also helps to encourage the elimination of toxins in the body.
5) Drink adequate water for your body. Proper hydration helps to support good joint and muscle health by eliminating toxins that can lead to inflammation in the bones and muscles.
6) Drink some tea! Horsetail and Nettles are amazing for strong bones and good muscle health. Both are abundant in bone and muscle-supporting minerals such as silicon, magnesium, calcium and selenium. Add in your favorite fresh fruit, use as a base for a smoothie, or add some rosehips or hibiscus to mix up the flavor.
7) Keep your supplements handy. Minerals, Omegas, and Fat Soluble Vitamins are must-haves for healthy bones. If you are not getting adequate amounts through your diet, be sure to keep some supplements available to fill in the gaps.
8) Consume Bone Broth and Gelatin. These are two easy and delicious ways to support your bones and muscles through nutrition. Packed with minerals and collagen, Bone Broth and Gelatin, especially used in conjunction with each other, can pack a powerful punch in the war on deteriorating bones and weak muscles.
9) Keep moving! Even when it is hard and challenging, don’t stop and don’t give up. Even if it is just range of motion movements or taking a slow stroll, keep moving and get in some physical activity every day.
10) Take care. Don’t forget your handy aids to support your Bone and Muscle health when you have pushed yourself a little too far. Tension Tamer, Glucosamine/MSM, Bromelain, Ow!-Ease, Hyland’s Arnica, Marjoram, Black Pepper, Basil, Spearmint, Pine and Cypress Essential Oils can all help when you’re feeling creaky.